Cosmas Hercules V2
Regular price Sale price $369.99
Unit price / per
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- High quality, very comfortable 9" leather mountaineering / hiking boots with NFPA wildland fire certification. Mountain inspired design. First true mountaineering boot designed for wildland fire fighting.
- Certified: Meets or exceeds the newly updated NFPA 1977, Standard on Protective Clothing and Equipment for Wildland Fire Fighting, 2011 Edition.
- Most comfortable and technically advanced wildland fire boots available. Taller than mountaineering boots for added protection and with NFPA specified fire safety features in its construction. Yet this boot is lighter than conventional hiking / mountaineering boots.
- Leather: Thick (6.5 ounce / 2.6mm) full-grain water, flame, chemical, and cut resistant leather.
- Durable, one-piece upper construction. Fewer seams means more durability.
- Thread: Tough, fire-resistant Kevlar® thread throughout the upper and the sole stitching ensures durability under fire.
- Soles: High traction, abrasion resistant, oil, flame, and chemical resistant, nitrile rubber outsole equipped with ergonomic HeelRoll™ and ToeSpring™ to promote a natural walking motion. Mountaineering lug design provides maximum traction. Multi-directional lugs provide sure-footed edging, braking, kickoff, and stability. High profile ladder grips for gripping on roots, branches, sticks, stones and, of course, ladders. Specially formulated compound (nominal durometer 66 Shore A) provides superior traction without sacrificing abrasion resistance or durability. Welted construction allows for sole replacement.
- Sole attachment: 2 component, high temp polyurethane adhesive system bonds the outsole to the midsole then the sole is stitched to the midsole in forefoot area with tough, thick, fire-resistant Kevlar® thread.
- MidsoleArmor™: a unique and innovative integrated lightweight midsole design combines the functionality of the midsole, ladder shank, and puncture protection into a single component. The combination composite anti-puncture plate / ladder shank / midsole provides full puncture resistant coverage and thermal insulation for the bottom of the foot. This Cosmas® exclusive, patent-pending construction is stiff and supportive in the heel and arch, yet flexible in the forefoot, allowing your foot to flex naturally. Combining 3 functions into one component saves weight and bulk.
- Markings: Interior label contains all information required by NFPA 1977 Standard on Protective Clothing and Equipment for Wildland Fire Fighting, 2011 Edition.
- Accordion-style flex point in the Achilles area allows the boot to flex where you do
- Dual-Zone Contact™ Lacing System. Anatomically asymmetrical, with free floating lace points that allow the upper to conform precisely to the shape of each individual's foot.
- Bi-zonal Lacing: 100% Kevlar® braided laces. The first speed hook is a lace lock, allowing you to tighten the boot in the forefoot area, lock the lace, then tighten the upper part of the boot for a custom fit.
- Pull Strap: Low profile, 1" wide, triple-stitch reinforced, full-grain water and flame resistant leather to help pull on your boots.
- Welted construction allows for resoling, extending the life of your boots.
- Footbed: Triple-density, removable, ventilated, anti-microbial footbed made of microfiber suede, felt, and ergonomically molded EVA. Wicks moisture and dries rapidly. EVA provides cushioning. Molded EVA heelcup and arch conforms to your foot providing comfort and support.
- Insole: Texon®, anti-microbial; wicks perspiration and dries quickly; lightweight with excellent flex endurance.
- Heel pad: Internal heel pad cushions and supports the heel and detents the heel to prevent slipping.
- Heel Slide: Abrasion resistant microfiber suede heel slide along the back of the boot shaft. No stitching or seams running directly down the center of the backstay in the heel area to improve comfort and prevent premature wear of the liner. The heel slide smoothly eases your foot into and out of the boots. Boots slide on easier and then stay on.
- Padding: Strategically placed throughout the upper for superior comfort, support and protection. Soft, full grain leather collar ensures comfort.
- AnkleArmor™ contoured ankle guards protect ankles from knocks and dings.
- Lace-to-toe design. Laces extends all the way to the toe to ensure a precision fit.